Saturday 22 September 2012

Analysing survey results.

After looking back at my results I can see that more females answered the survey compared to males. Over half of my responses were completed by females giving me a ratio of 14:7. In particular, most responses came from the age group of 17-25 which is explained by the fact I posted my survey through Facebook and Twitter. However, I have a responses from each age group except 65+ giving me a good range.  Even though the survey showed more females responses, male protagonists shows to be the most popular choice when it comes to main characters. This influences me to create a short film where a male character is the protagonist. With the next question, I was really trying to find whether audience's prefer destruction or happy endings. Not surprisingly, most people answered with 'where balance is restored' which can be explained through mainstream feature films compared to short films which challenge and subvert traditional content. However, a 13:8 ratio shows that there is a small gap, meaning others prefer films which are unconventional.

With the next question I received a range of responses. "In England, in woods and forests", "In a city with technology", "Somewhere interesting and exotic", "Beautiful countryside" etc. With location however, I will be limited so choosing a suitable area is key in my filming. With my next question, the majority of people that answered with a linear narrative also chose an unclear ending. This was the most popular response. On the other hand, people that prefer circular narratives chose closed endings. Only two people chose a loop. These responses make me want to mess and change around with my narrative. With my last question the most popular genres were comedy, thriller and drama and not to far off was romantic and action. This question reflects typical mainstream films.

No comments:

Post a Comment