Sunday 16 September 2012

Evaluating previous student's work: main task

Crime at the northern house | Hannah Lovejoy
Technically producing a silent film would have been very difficult, especially with the music.  Overall I thought the piece was okay, but I would change certain areas such as the font choice. I would avoid making a short film not because they style doesn't suit me, but because it seems technically difficult to create. According to the marking criteria I would award this piece Level Two / Level Three band.

Unheard | Laura Budden
Technically I thought this piece looked very difficult to create, especially the editing with the dance scene. In particular, I liked the variation of shots as it highlighted the dance and fitted well with the music. However, I didn't like the beginning as it slowed down the film and I felt it didn't match with the dance scene. I would give this piece Level Three / Level Four band.

Cloudy Skies | Lewis Underwood
Overall I really liked the narrative in this short film, as the narrative depth was only revealed at the end of the piece. The confusion was interesting, however, personally I would have chosen a different piece of music. This has aught me to think carefully about music choice and to make it fit into my short film. I would give this a low Level 4.

Unbalanced | Andrew Johnson
Even though this piece is confusing, I really enjoyed the sound used throughout the short film. The different noises added to the character's identity and narrative to the short film as a whole. I would again award this a Level 4 for the use of editing and sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment