Sunday 16 September 2012

Evaluating previous students work: ancillary tasks

Daniel Parslow | If Walls Could Speak
Out of all the ancillary tasks, this is my favourite. I really like the use of colours and the position of the text. After watching Daniel's short film, I believe the two texts have synergy. The dark tones of the poster match the dark lighting in the film. I would award this 8/9 out of 10.

Andrew Johnson | Unbalanced
Overall I think the simplicity of the poster is very good, especially the synergy created by the main task and this poster. I would award this 7/8 out of 10. For the film magazine review, I like the layout and use of boarders, however I think it is too simple. The images are too large which gives hardly any space for the actual review, therefore I would award this 6 out of ten. The poster, magazine review  and film all match though which creates synergy between the pieces.

Lewis Underwood | Cloudy Skies
I think the balance between images and text is even, and that the layout suits the style of film. The use of format is also good and the style of writing reflects a typical magazine review. However, compared to the film poster and the film, both don't match the magazine review. I would give this 8 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment