Sunday 16 September 2012

Reflection on previous students work.

After evaluating previous students work, I can now reflect on what I should avoid and what I should focus on. I firstly feel I should avoid bad music choices as this makes the overall piece disjointed. Music and sound is key for fitting into the filming and editing. I have also learnt to make good and exciting storylines. While I only watched students work which can be limiting, after watching dull and boring short films it reflects badly on how you judge the camera work and editing etc. This has inspired me to create a interesting short film which doesn't focus on 'boring' topics. Furthermore, I must pay particular attention to camera work and editing. Last year being in a group was somehow limiting; I couldn't stretch my interests in filming/editing as some group members disagreed. Now, I only have myself and I am free to the amount of choices. This means I must be careful in producing something which is clear and understandable; and not to waffle on about my interests. Hence, attract an audience. In addition to this, I must make sure my short film, poster and my film magazine review have synergy. I saw a couple of student's work where their pieces did not match. This made the whole work seem again disjointed and made an overall bad impression.

No comments:

Post a Comment