Wednesday 14 November 2012

Ancillary tasks: poster mock ups.


After I developed my protagonist, I began to mess around with the image on photoshop to practice making a film poster. I wasn't using a professional photoshop however, but I am still pleased with the outcome. This could be a starting point to develop my ancillary tasks. I edited the firstphoto by adding two images, one is behind the other and I did this decreasing the opacity. After this I added a filter called scratches and then I put on another filter which changed the lighting and colour. I then added text and decreased the opacity to decrease the blackness of the text. With the second photo I added a vigenette and blur to decrease the visibility of the photo. I prefer the text in this photo and the positioning as it reflects a typical film poster and this is what I'm aiming for. At this moment in time, I feel I should take a lot more photographs as this image doesn't reflect a good standard for a film poster. I must also choose wisely with the font choice and colour as my poster and film have to reflect synergy between the two. I edited this on: http://pixlr.com/express/

1 comment:

  1. I really like the second one Hannah... font choices are excellent; the effects you have applied add style and edginess; and the colour tone is appropriate to genre.

    I think a release date should be added at the bottom rather than the production company. Also, the protagonists head is cut off... this needs to be addressed.

    Mr. M.

    ReplyDelete