Monday 22 October 2012

Developing my ideas.


After wanting to create a split narrative, I watched Steven Jones' 'Connected' as he presents similar ideas. The entire short film focuses mainly on one character and portrays two different storylines but through the same character. I however, do not want to use a split screen even though the film constantly opposes each narrative with each other. The way I want to create my short film at the moment may be technically difficult and I have been inspired to create something similar seen in 'Hunted':
Pics Hunted

From 1-18 the pictures show a flash back from the characters past which takes place very quickly to portray her loss of memory with age. The blurriness and change of colour in each shot adds to this and further exaggerates the memory. The quick shots back to the protagonist remind the audience the flash back is not a dream as she is portrayed as uncomfortable. This is the type of effect I wish to create with my short film. At the moment my ideas are as followed:
  1. Flash back of memory - on one story the character is involved whereas with the different story the character isn't (haven't thought of situation yet) and this creates two different narratives of what could have been in each story - parallel universe
  2. Waking up - blur of this shot then separates the character into two different story lines
  3. Short film continues showing different narratives and the possible endings they have due to the decisions made in point one
Point two explained by images: 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment